Eldon insurance services are currently recruiting for a motor engineer to join their team in Newcastle.
The main purpose of this role is to control the claims cost of reinstating accident damaged vehicles, provide a quality engineering resource to the Claims Department and ensure customer service level agreements are maintained. It is also to facilitate total loss valuations.
- Liaison and support of the Claims Department.
- Carry out review desktop imaging to confirm viability of repair, control of repair costs, and correct repair methods ensure claims staff receive fast, accurate information regarding claim Vehicles, in line with their operational objectives.
- Develop communication channels with customers, staff and service providers.
- Audit and evaluate performance of Accident Management Company and Salvage dealers, making recommendations regarding repair quality, repair costs, valuations and customer service.
- Report on and investigate any areas of possible fraud. When required, complete Forensic examination of motor vehicles to establish the validity of the claims.
- Monitor and control average total loss values.
- Carry out occasional Locus Reports and possible fraud investigation, upon request of the claims Department.
- Co-ordinate and resolve complaints as prescribed by company and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide technical support and a quality engineering resource to the claims department with regards to referred items within service levels assigned to you from time to time.
- Knowledge of Thatchams times and computerised estimating systems
- Membership of (or working towards) membership of the IAEA
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience in Motor vehicle estimating or Engineers environment
- City & Guilds, HNC or equivalent Motor vehicle related subject
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to explain procedures without technical ‘jargon’.
- Above average letter writing skills for complaint procedures.
- Display integrity & balance diplomacy with assertiveness. Able to negotiate at all levels
- Working as part of a team
- Knowledge of Insurance Principles & Practices. Types of cover, limit of liability, policy wording and terms.
Please register your interest by sending your CV to [email protected]