Eldon Insurance Services Ltd
Human Resources Business Partner
This is a Bristol based role, and helps drive our HR transformation strategy. Reporting to the HR & OD Director, the successful candidate will be at the forefront of driving change, to support HR strategy and support the company’s leadership team to deliver the group strategy through their business areas.
Provides autonomous high level generalist HR support and solutions to the fast paced and growing business. There are currently approximately 510 staff across multiple locations; Bristol, Newcastle, Southampton, and Gibraltar, plus an outsource provision in South Africa. The role is primarily Bristol based but will require occasional travel to the other sites of the business. The team provide HR services to the wider group and will cover responsibilities within other associated companies.
- Take HR strategic plans and put them into action throughout the group, taking into consideration local differences;
- Manage functional projects, articulate business strategy into objectives and project plans. Take a leading role to communicate the strategy and vision for projects to the business;
- Deploy extensive HR knowledge, coach and support managers within business units to communicate effectively with their teams,;
- Directly add value through integration within the business units understanding major issues and needs, prioritise as appropriate, and put in place options and recommendations for senior management;
- Seek and review management feedback and analyse data to make recommendations. Initiate and develop projects with senior business leaders within their respective business units or group wide;
- Be a role model for regulatory compliance and competence within the team and coach the business to consider options and risks;
- Provide specialised in depth knowledge of good practice and better ways of working across all HR disciplines to increase engagement, capability and productivity
The mission of the Group HR Team within Eldon Insurance Services is to provide insightful driven HR solutions that are aligned to the strategic objectives of the business, with speed and agility at the top of the agenda.
Works with the HR team to influence the business senior management team to use HR management as a means of improving organisational effectiveness and manage the cultural and organisational change necessary for success.
Ensure the employment relationship is run effectively and managers are fully advised of relevant issues. Manage the employment relationship in line with business strategy, coaching managers and the HR team where necessary. Feed recommendations to the business for strategies to maximise effective management of staff and organisational success.
Significantly contribute to the design, creation and execution of the performance management and job evaluation processes.
Training and development:
Liaise with the training team to ensure that management are trained in all areas of the employment relationship in line with business strategy and need.
Working in the team in order to help design, improve and implement all salary and benefit provision. Take a strategic approach to reward, constantly reviewing in line with external benchmarking and, local operational needs.
Significantly contribute to the pool of experience within the team to help solve HR issues as they arise and plan for improvements in HR provision in line with legislative need and/or best practice.
Help review, improve and manage the provision of lean HR services, processes and procedure to engage with our continuous improvement culture.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate or equivalent with generalist HR experience.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience of major change programs and implementing strategic change.
- Extensive relevant experience of all generalist HR activities as defined above.
- HR project management experience.
- Have influenced senior leaders up to and including board level.
- HR change experience.
- Multiple site experience.
- Insight Driven
- Initiative, Drive and Flexibility
- Communicator and Influencer
- Diagnostic Advisor
- Value Focused
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
Please apply for this role by emailing your CV to [email protected]