Bristol based – flexibility on location for the right person
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Eldon Insurance are seeking a Household Underwriter to manage capacity to enable us to write more household business. The role offers the opportunity to get involved in several areas, as we continually improve our existing products and look at ways to develop new ones.
The successful candidate will be an Insurance Underwriter who has specialised in Household Insurance, with 5yrs+ experience – preferably from a direct writer, with direct responsibility for underwriting performance, managing an underwriting capacity of over £10m.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the ongoing development of our underwriting pricing and underwriting rules through analysis and competitor research
- Ensure our policy wording and documentation is kept up to date and technically correct, and is easily understood by our customers.
- Identifying new opportunities to generate profitable growth whilst maintaining an excellent customer service
- Undertaking detailed reviews to determine the main causes of claims and make appropriate underwriting recommendations
- Identifying areas requiring improvement and further training
- Contributing to ad hoc projects
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience (5yrs+) as an Insurance Underwriter
- A solid understanding of the FCA guidelines
- A technical mindset and attention to detail
- You must be a self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Gravitas and ability to work with people at all levels of the business
We are looking for the right person for this role from both an experience and person fit point of view and can be flexible on salary dependent on experience. This will also mean we can be flexible on where this role is based for the right person.
Please send your details through to [email protected] if you are interested in this role, and someone will be in touch shortly to discuss your application further.