Eldon Insurance Services Ltd are now seeking a Compliance Officer to join the team in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. We are a dynamic business enjoying strong performance and growth with a vision to be the leading provider of competitive insurance products to personal and business consumers.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for:
- Reporting on the status of compliance within the firm
- Monitoring the firms regulatory obligations and immediately reporting any breach or non-compliance to the Head of Compliance
- Providing all necessary guidance on compliance matters, including training and raising general awareness across the business
- Achieving the key compliance operating metrics laid down by the firm’s governing body
- Delivery of the firm’s annual Compliance Plan, as relevant to the role
- Monitoring of compliance procedures and their effectiveness
- Assisting with the development of standards of conduct to ensure that the firm remains compliant at all times
Qualifications and Experience:
For your application to be successful, as mentioned you will need to demonstrate a generalist Compliance background from within the insurance industry – either from an insurer or broker. As well as this, you will need to have the confidence and credibility to work with all manner of stakeholder groups.
You will need to have experience of Delivering risk-based Compliance Monitoring Reviews and have an in-depth knowledge of FCA regulations, notably ICOBS, CONC, PERG, FIT, PROD, CASS and SYSC. It’s important that you can be commercially sensitive whilst considering business and regulatory risks and that you have strong business knowledge and a thorough understanding of insurance products, distribution and processes.
We will need you to be a confident and articulate communicator both verbally and in writing and have well-developed influencing skills. It’s important that and have strong analysis skills and that you can effectively problem solve. You will need to be self-motivated and be able to work under your own initiative.
Please apply for this role by sending your CV to [email protected] and someone in the recruitment team will be in touch.